Assign teams to finals games once all game results have been entered for all regular season rounds of your grade. If your grade still has pending results, you can still view the finals rounds however placeholder names will display instead of specific team names. If the results of your grade have been completed, you'll need to assign the teams to the finals rounds. This article covers the following:
- Assigning finals teams
- Viewing assigned finals teams in the fixture
Assign finals teams
- Navigate to the Competition Management menu.
- Select the competition and season.
- Select either the Grade name or the "View Fixture" button beside the Grade name.
- Select the "Ladder" tab.
- Select the "Assign finals teams" button in the top-left corner. This button will appear inactive until all games in the regular season have results or the finals teams have already been assigned.
- A list of the top ranked teams from the grade's ladder will display in a popup window (modal). Select "Assign" to confirm the teams.
- If you would like to amend the finals teams, select "Cancel" and head to Ladder Management to make adjustments to the ladder positions of teams.
- A success message will appear to confirm that the Finals teams have been successfully assigned.
View assigned finals teams in the fixture
The finals fixture reflects the finals format chosen for your grade. Game details and scores and statistics can be edited by selecting the ellipses and then the appropriate option (Edit Game Details or Update Scores & Stats) beside the game you'd like to edit. For more information on how on this, head to Managing your finals game.
Assigning teams to a manually created finals game
Manually created finals games do not have any progression rules applied to them so the system will not assign teams to those games when you click on "Assign finals teams" button (see above):
To assign teams to manually created finals games click on "Edit game details" and select team names from the list: