There are many options available manage finals games from editing the game details (teams, venue, court, date and time) along with the ability to update scores and statistics. Game aliases can also be created to further identify games. To explore further, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Competition Management menu.
- Select the competition and season.
- Select either the Grade name or the "View Fixture" button beside the Grade name.
- The Fixture tab is now displaying the Regular Season Fixture.
- Select the Finals sub-tab to view the grade's finals fixture.
- Select the ellipses (Edit Game Details or Update Scores & Stats) beside the game you'd like to edit.
Editing Finals Game details
If you have finals enabled and prior to the season being complete, placeholder names will be assigned, i.e. Ladder Position 1 v Ladder Position 2. If attempting to edit prior to assigning finals teams, you'll notice the teams and round is locked.
Once finals teams have been assigned, the fields are unlocked and you can now edit the finals Home and Away team games details, but not the Round name (Round names can only be amended for upcoming regular season games). You can also amend the Game alias name.
Updating scores for finals game
Finals game can not be scored until both Home and Away teams have been assigned for those games. "Update Scores & Stats" button will not be visible until both Home and Away teams have been assigned. See Assigning finals teams to finals games article for the details of how to assign teams to finals.
Once both Home and Away teams have been assigned to a game, "Update scores and stats" option becomes available:
Clicking on "Update Scores & Stats" will bring up a Game Details page:
Use Managing game outcome override results article to learn more about what can be done on a Game Details page.
Editing and deleting a manually created finals game
You can edit and delete a manually created finals games that has not been finalised.
- When viewing the finals fixture with a manually created finals game, click on the three dots that appear on the right side of the game that needs the edit. Select Edit Game Details from the resulting menu:
- You'll arrive on the Edit game page. View the Adding a regular season game article for more details about the elements of this page. View the Editing a regular season game article for more details about what happens when you edit and save each of the fields.
Editing a finalised manually created finals game
Once a manually created finals game has been finalised, you may still choose to edit the game, but you will only be able to edit the allocation information. The game details section will appear as read only.