This article provides club admins with an overview of each key PlayHQ admin task to ensure their club is setup and ready to take registrations in PlayHQ.
- Admin site - http://admin.playhq.com
- Public Site - http://www.playhq.com
- Basketball Victoria Registration Project information - http://basketballvictoria.com.au/registration/
- Support site - https://support.playhq.com/
Initial setup of basic club information
My Organisation > Overview > Details tab
- If you have an existing website for your club or association, enter the website URL; otherwise, leave blank
- If you have your own club policies/terms and conditions page on your website, enter the URL or text; otherwise, leave blank
- Enter your club’s abbreviated name that appears on fixtures (e.g. For Titans Basketball Club, enter Titans); this will form the default prefix to team names (e.g. Titans Swish)
My Organisation > Overview > Contacts tab
- Enter contact information that you want visible on your PlayHQ club website
- Ignore the vouchers tab for now
My Organisation > Overview > Payments tab
- To be able to process payments within PlayHQ for your club or association, you will need to submit your organisation's payment details via the 'Payment' tab. Once submitted it will be reviewed and processed by the PlayHQ team and the payment provider Stripe.
Managing administrator access to your club’s database
My Organisation > Admins > Invited Users tab
It is recommended that only individual email addresses (club or personal) be used because it is harder to revoke access, in the case that someone leaves the committee, if shared committee email addresses are used.
To find out how to give somebody admin access, view this helpful support article - https://support.playhq.com/article/95-inviting-new-administrators-to-your-organisation
Accepting invitations to participate in competition seasons
Competition Management > Invitations tab
In PlayHQ, clubs do not belong to associations. They are invited by associations to participate in their competition seasons.
Click on the Accept button for any competition seasons you wish to participate in; once accepted, that competition season will appear in the My Competitions tab.
Setting up registrations for a competition season
Competition Management > My Competitions tab > View the competition season you want to work with > Registration tab
Most clubs have participants registering to the club and then the club will put them in a team (Participant to Season form), however there maybe instances where clubs want participants to register directly to a team. Find below support articles on how to configure each form:
- Configuring a ‘Participant to Club’ form: https://support.playhq.com/article/238-configuring-a-participant-to-club-registration-form
- Configuring a ‘Participant to Team’ form: https://support.playhq.com/article/101-configuring-a-participant-to-team-registration-form
Setting up custom fields
Registration tab (within applicable competition season) > Custom Fields
Custom fields can be created and added to registration forms to collect additional information relevant to your club.
More information on how to create and manage custom fields can be found here - https://playhq.kayako.com/article/204-configuring-participant-custom-fields
To view and/or edit custom fields, there are two options:
- View Reports > Participation Report. Download report and the custom field information will be against the individual/registration.
- View Participants > search for the participant and view their Registration History to see the custom field details.
Setting up family discounts
You can set a percentage off all subsequent registrations to the same competition season by the same account holder.
For example, if your standard price was $100 and your family discount percentage was 10%, the first registrant would be charged $100, the second would be charged $90, the third would be charged $90, etc.
More information on how to set up family discounts can be found here - https://playhq.kayako.com/article/203-configuring-family-member-discounts-for-registering-players
Setting up discount vouchers
My Organisation > Overview > Vouchers tab
You can configure discount vouchers that can be distributed to players/parents to discount the amount payable (applicable to fees only) at the point of payment.
More information on how to manage discount vouchers can be found here - https://playhq.kayako.com/article/98-managing-vouchers-for-your-organisation
Setting up Merchandise
Merchandise > Products
Merchandise allows products to be created, managed and offered for purchase to participants and teams during the registration process. The new Orders Report will assist Administrators to track orders and manage fulfilment and the Transaction Report will display purchases.
More information can be found here - https://support.playhq.com/article/228-configuring-merchandise-and-adding-them-to-registration-forms
Viewing participant list
Participants tab (within applicable competition season)
Once a participant has registered, they will appear in this list.
Creating teams and allocating participants
Teams tab (within applicable competition season)
Club admins can add a team - https://playhq.kayako.com/article/65-managing-teams
Once a team has been created, players can manually be allocated to the team.
More information can be found here - https://playhq.kayako.com/article/106-allocating-participants-to-teams
Allocating teams to grades
Grades tab (within applicable competition season)
Once teams and grades exist in a season, teams can be allocated to grades. This article provides an overview of this process - https://playhq.kayako.com/article/66-allocating-teams-to-grades
Finding your club’s PlayHQ fixtures/ladders and registration pages URLs
Each club has their own PlayHQ website that contains a fixtures/ladders page and a registration page. It is recommended that you link your website, Facebook page, etc. to these pages. Once you have done this, participants will be able to directly access this area via your website or Facebook page. If you choose to use these universal links (season, competition and association independent), you will not need to change these links on your club website season to season.
- Click on discover clubs
- Find your club and click on it
- This is your club’s universal fixtures/ladders page; you can copy this URL and link your website to here
- Click on the Register tab
- This is your club’s universal registration page; you can copy this URL and link your website to here